Tualatin Riverkeepers (TRK) is looking for a proven leader to serve as our Executive Director. We are a non-profit organization dedicated to the protection and restoration of the Tualatin River, its watershed located primarily in Washington County, OR, and to the surrounding communities that depend on a healthy river. TRK engages the public in this mission through recreation, education, advocacy and habitat restoration. Its membership and volunteers partner with farmers, industry, community based organizations and the private sector to promote stewardship of Washington County’s natural assets and to connect rural and urban residents to the Tualatin River.
TRK has a passionate, mission driven team of five who work together in a relaxed atmosphere. An active board of up to thirteen members works closely with the Executive Director. TRK is financially stable with a budget of approximately a half million dollars.
The Executive Director provides creative and intelligent leadership to fulfill Tualatin Riverkeepers’ long-term mission and successfully executes the organization’s vision for the future. Duties include supervision of staff, fund development, financial and contract management, and support of a board of directors.
Philanthropic Development and Implementation – Build an internal culture of philanthropy, develop and execute sound fundraising plans including major donor solicitation, grants and contract management, and increase unrestricted operational dollars.
Staff management and supervision – Provide leadership and supervision of TRK program staff including development of job descriptions, work plans, and evaluations.
Financial management – With staff and board, develop the annual budget and cash flow projections, operate within the approved annual budget, coordinate audit/compilation and timely submittal of tax and financial reports to IRS and State.
Advocacy – Provide guidance and input regarding ongoing environmental issues in the Tualatin basin that affect the health and resilience of the river and watershed.
Public Relations and Collaborations – Serve as the key spokesperson for TRK’s mission and vision, build support among key stakeholders to advance TRK’s agenda, support collaborations with a myriad of organizations that may include policy, advocacy, litigation, and environmental and social justice strategies.
Board and Committee Development – Provide support, assistance and leadership development to strengthen the TRK Board and Committees. The Executive Director is the principle liaison to the Board of Directors and Volunteer Committees.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field or a minimum of 10 years Executive Leadership experience
- 3-5 years in a senior leadership role with specific experience in financial management and staff supervision
- Demonstrated abilities in donor relations and procuring individual gifts
- Proven ability to plan and manage a budget
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to articulate TRK’s vision orally and in writing
- Ability to develop and execute strategic plans
- Strong understanding, experience and passion for watershed issues, habitats and wildlife
- Commitment to environmental, social justice and cross-cultural competency
- Demonstrated social and emotional intelligence
- Proven cultural agility
- Knowledge of Oregon policies, regulations and political climate
- Established community relationships with key stakeholders
Upper $60’s to lower $70’s, plus comprehensive benefits. The Executive Director position is exempt and serves at the pleasure of the Board of Directors.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. (No phone calls please.)
Please include answers to the following questions in your cover letter:
- What connects you to the River?
- What connects you to conservation?
Tualatin Riverkeepers is an equal opportunity employer.