What is the Paddle Challenge?
From June 4th to September 5th (now extended through October 8th!), the Tualatin River Paddle Challenge will encourage you to kayak, canoe or paddleboard along the Tualatin River National Water Trail. Although there will be in-person meet-up paddle opportunities, the Challenge is designed to be completed at your own pace, on your own timeline. You choose the Challenge goals you want to achieve and we provide support and resources. Registration will be open until September 24th.
At the end of the summer, Tualatin Riverkeepers will host a celebration to acknowledge and award your achievements.
What are the Challenge goals?
When you register, you’ll have the choice of a river miles paddled challenge or a number of days paddled challenge. Or you can choose to participate in both challenges!
The challenge goals for the river miles paddled are: 10 miles, 20 miles or 30 miles
The challenge goals for the days paddled are: 10 days, 20 days, or 30 days paddled over the summer.
Paddling as a family? Each family member can register and log their own river miles and/or days.
Meet your challenge and collect your prize at our Paddle Challenge Celebration.
What is included in my registration fee?
A lot! Check out the following that is just for Paddle Challenge participants:
- Access to a private Strava group for tracking your river miles and days
- Resources and information to get you familiar with paddling on the Tualatin River (online river maps and information from experienced river guides)
- Participation in a private River Challenge Facebook group
- Participation in River Challenge meetups
- First to know about Tualatin Riverkeepers Paddle Events
- In-person Paddle Challenge celebration event in September
- A fun summer challenge
How do I track my paddle miles/goals?
There are two ways to track your Challenge goals:
- Use the Strava app on your phone to join the Paddle Challenge and automatically record your mileage and days on the river
- Keep track of your miles/days on the river manually or with a GPS device/watch and email your mileage to us. We’ll manually update your mileage and days weekly on the Challenge spreadsheet
We will provide you with detailed instructions after you register. For any questions or media requests, email firstname.lastname@example.org.