What: Learn how to make and install a rain barrel. Resources to help the environment and help you save money will be available
When: Saturday, May 18th from 10:00 am -2:00 pm
Where: Tualatin Soil and Water Conservation District Office - 7175 NE Evergreen Pkwy #400, Hillsboro OR.
PLEASE READ PRIOR TO REGISTERING:
- It is the workshop participant’s responsibility to check with their landlord or homeowner’s association before installing a rain barrel.
- You must have at least one downspout gutter in order to have this type of rain barrel system work for you. A small hole (~2in.) in your downspout will have to be made. Light construction will be required after the workshop at the desired property.
- The workshop will be held outside on uneven terrain. There may also be instances of lifting or moving the rain barrel (~15-30 lbs. EMPTY). Please contact us if you will need any assistance
- Sunblock, sunglasses and/or hat
- Rain barrel decoration ideas for your 55-gallon barrel (paint, paintbrushes, and sponges will be provided)
- Water bottle
- Clothes to get dirty/paint on (an old apron to put over your clothes works well)
- Gloves and eye protection
Tualatin Soil and Water Conservation District and Tualatin Riverkeepers wants to make all our programs accessible. If you'd like to attend this workshop and need any accommodations please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (503) 218-2580
Can't make the May workshops? No problem! TRK and TSWCD will also be hosting TWO ADDITIONAL WORKSHOPS in September! Keep an eye on our website, facebook, or sign up for our newsletter on our website to see when the workshops are open for registration.