Come join Tualatin Riverkeepers (TRK) to learn how to make and install your own rain barrel! Other water conservation resources will also be available to help both the environment and your wallet.
There will be a brief talk on stormwater conservation and a barrel tutorial from 10:00am-11:00am. After that you are welcome to take your barrel home or stay with us until 2:00pm to paint.
The cost of this event is $30.00*
Please note space is limited, you must register to attend!
*If you are in need of financial assistance, please contact email@example.com, or call 503-218-2580. A limited number of scholarships are available.
PLEASE READ PRIOR TO REGISTERING:
- It is the workshop participant’s responsibility to check with their landlord or homeowner’s association before installing a rain barrel.
- You must have at least one downspout gutter in order for this type of rain barrel system to work. You will have to make a small hole (~2in.) in your downspout and light construction will be required after the workshop at the desired property.
- The workshop will be held outside on uneven terrain. There may also be instances of lifting or moving the rain barrel (~15-30 lbs. EMPTY). Please contact us if you will need any assistance.
- Sunblock, sunglasses and/or hat
- Rain barrel decoration ideas for your 55-gallon barrel (paint, paintbrushes, and sponges will be provided)
- Water bottle
- Clothes to get dirty/paint on (an old apron to put over your clothes works well too)
- Gloves and eye protection
TRK wants to make all our programs accessible. If you'd like to attend this workshop and need any accommodations please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Can’t make it to this workshop? Don’t worry, this event is recurring. Keep an eye on our Facebook page or for upcoming workshop dates and information.